as i predicted the other day tamihire has done just what perigo and the mainstream media were frothing that he couldn’t do; nothing.
the only part of his retraction(?) that had any degree of sincerity was his apology on a personal level to cullen..
the rest of it is just that he won’t air his prejudices in a public forum again..once again..yeah, right….
so, all in all, as i said the other day, this has been a good day at the office for john tamihire..
1) he has been able to vent his displeasure at being side-lined..very theraputic..
2) he has further cosolidated his self-nurtured image as someone who calls a spade a spade..and re-consolidated a possibly shaky power/support base post waiparera revelations..
(he is so much, a younger winston peters..)
3) despite the protestastions of clark and williams, a deal has been done…
4) by staying inside the tent for now, labour picks up the tab for his election campaign; and he has strengthened his chances of holding his seat (which is good news for clark and williams); they are all winners…
5) he has got away with it..and walks off with a new skip in his step….