“..Kim Dotcom has distanced himself from Mega investor William Yan –
– who has had assets frozen by the police –
– saying he has not met the Chinese businessman for months.
Mega chief executive Graham Gaylard revealed today that police had frozen an 18.8 per cent shareholding in Mega – the internet business founded by Dotcom.
The shareholding was associated with Yan – he said.
A police spokesman confirmed police were in process of restraining the assets of a 43 year-old Auckland businessman and his 38 year-old female partner –
– as part of a ‘lengthy and on-going Criminal Proceeds Recovery investigation’.
The seized assets had a total value of more than $15 million –
– and included ‘cash – shares – jewellery – fine wine and a Bentley motor car’ –
– according to a statement police originally issued on Saturday.
The investigation was focused on the laundering of large amounts of money that police believed had been accumulated through illegal activities..”
go to source/story>>>