“..Media lawyer Steven Price says it is a ‘surreal experience’ politicians are dismissing the evidence-based contents of Nicky Hager’s book –
– when they haven’t even read it.
Price acts for Hager – and vetted his book Dirty Politics – released last week.
The book reveals National Party links to right-wing bloggers –
– and accuses senior party members of being involved in a coordinated smear campaign against opponents.
Price said Prime Minister John Key’s dismissal of the book – and of Hager 0
– as a ‘left wing conspiracy theorist’ –
– was not supported by any evidence.
There was ‘not a jot of evidence’ that Hager had ‘made stuff up’ – as the National Party claimed – Price said.
‘The Government’s denials are such blatant flannel that they are being seen as beyond the pale –
– even by our most grizzled political journalists –
– who have seen plenty of spin in their time’..”
go to source/story>>>