“..The Government will try to dig itself out of the Dirty Politics mire when it unveils a housing policy today –
– expected to target Kiwis struggling to enter the property market.
Housing Minister Nick Smith was keeping quiet about details of the policy – but it is expected to be a push for more affordable homes through extra building.
But there are warnings it could be too little too late –
– as a new report reveals the housing shortage is worse than previously thought.
The report by right-wing thinktank the New Zealand Initiative –
– and obtained by the Herald on Sunday –
– claims the country’s ageing population will put the squeeze on the housing crisis – and the Government has not been taking this into account.
“This is the greatest crisis facing New Zealand and unless we ramp up supply well beyond current levels –
– home ownership could be out of reach of most families within 20 years” said director Oliver Hartwich..”
go to source/story>>>