- Sleep disturbances are the most common health problem in America. Those with sleep issues are poorly served by prescription and over-the-counter sleeping pills and other pharmaceuticals – which have serious risks.
- CBD and other plant cannabinoids show promise for treating insomnia – sleep apnea – narcolepsy and other sleep-related disorders.
- CBD co-administered with THC improves sleep more efficaciously than single-molecule medications.
- Chronic heavy consumption of THC-dominant cannabis can disrupt healthy sleep patterns.
- Our ability to be awake – fall asleep – stay asleep and wake up feeling rested is part of an internal biological process regulated by circadian rhythms and the endocannabinoid system. (cont..)