Donald Trump’s former campaign Paul Manafort has said he has not been informed of any possible criminal charges against him – after it was reported the first indictments had been filed by the team investigating Russia’s alleged meddling in the 2016 election.
Reports said a grand jury working with Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller had approved the first charges to result from the ongoing probe that is looking at possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
The reports – which have not specified what the charges are or who they were filed against – said a suspect could be taken into custody as soon as Monday.
CNN – which broke the news – said the charges were filed on Friday and placed under a seal by a federal judge.
Yet that has not stopped a flurry of speculation as to who may be the focus of Mr Mueller’s charges and the nature of them.