(ed:..my takeaway from this article is how both strains of new-meat – the (animal-swab based) ‘clean-meat’ – and the plant-based varieties – with both being indistinguishable in appearance/taste/texture – from the real thing…
how both take care of those top four reasons given for not going vegan..
1)..it tastes the same
2)..a distinguishing factor is how the new meats will be much cheaper to make..and therefore will be cheaper to purchase than animal-based meats..
3)..no ‘struggle for meal ideas’..
4)..this problem also solved.
so..bring them on..!..eh..?
the planet will be very grateful..)
Here were the five top reasons omnivores are put off going vegetarian or vegan:
- I like the taste of meat too much (81 per cent)
- Meat substitutes are too expensive (58 per cent)
- I’d struggle for meal ideas (50 per cent)
- My family eat meat and wouldn’t consider going vegetarian or vegan with me (41 per cent)
- The attitude of certain vegetarians/vegans has put me off (26 per cent).