The endocannabinoid system and digestive imbalance play major roles in Parkinson’s disease.
Research has demonstrated that cannabis medicine may help.
- The endocannabinoid system plays a major role in Parkinson’s Disease (PD).
- PD is associated with impairment of motor control after the loss of 60-80% of dopamine-producing neurons in a critical brain region.
- Digestive imbalance may play a role in the advancement of PD & the severity of symptoms.
- Cannabinoids have neuroprotectant, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which can be beneficial for managing PD.
- Various combinations of CBD – THC and THCV may provide relief for Parkinson’s symptoms.
Scientists at the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Kentucky have identified a previously unknown molecular target of cannabidiol (CBD) – which may have significant therapeutic implications for Parkinson’s Disease (PD).