ed:..the top 20 singles (factoring in streaming) have been released..and they just confirm that – taking cultural-factors into consideration – we are indeed in deep doo-doo..
number one with 114 million..is the dire mariah carey..doing a xmas song i have never heard..and never want to hear..
then there is that screamer from whitney houston that despite studied-avoidance on my part i have heard..(shudder..!..)
and just when you feel yourself being aurally-battered to the floor by that combination..the unlistenable-to-warbler celine dion weighs in with something i have not (thankfully.!.) ever heard..
..and despite following real multi-genre music for some time i have never heard number four by the scorpions..(who..?..)..who going by name are a metal-band..
..by now you are sobbing..pleading for it to just stop..and what happens next..?
along comes bryan adams..(another name that has me running for the exit..and who i blame canada for..)..
now you read that list and tell me we are not in end-times..eh..?..(i am sure the book of revelations says something about this..)
read on..and weep..
1. (14 on all-time singles chart) Mariah Carey – All I Want for Christmas Is You(113,898,731 streams)
2. (7) Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You (67,756,710)
3. (13) Celine Dion – My Heart Will Go On (50,443,976)
4. (16) Scorpions – Wind of Change (42,975,143)
5. (12) Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do It for You (39,287,271)